Quranic way of Life
A Life Perspective
Time is Everything - Maximum
Ten things we waste
If you don't pray what
punishment you will get?
Something to Think about
The Prayer of a Muslim as the Prophet prayed
Quranic Way of
Some of the
lessons learnt from Qur'an that applies to our general living!
1. Respect and honour all human beings
irrespective of their religion, colour, race, sex, language, status,
property, birth, profession/job and so on
2. Talk straight, to the point, without any ambiguity or deception
3. Choose best words to speak and say them in the best possible way
4. Do not shout. Speak politely keeping your voice low.
5. Always speak the truth. Shun words that are deceitful and
6. Do not confound truth with falsehood
7. Say with your mouth what is in your heart
8. Speak in a civilised manner in a language that is recognised by the
society and is commonly used [4/5]
9. When you voice an opinion, be just, even if it is against a relative
10. Do not be a bragging boaster
11. Do not talk, listen or do anything vain
12. Do not participate in any paltry. If you pass near a futile play,
then pass by with dignity [25/72]
13. Do not verge upon any immodesty or lewdness whether surreptitious or
14. If, unintentionally, any misconduct occurs by you, then correct
yourself expeditiously [3/134].
15. Do not be contemptuous or arrogant with people
16. Do not walk haughtily or with conceit
17. Be moderate in thy pace
18. Walk with humility and sedateness
19. Keep your gazes lowered devoid of any lecherous leers and salacious
stares [24/30-31, 40/19].
20. If you do not have complete knowledge about anything, better keep
your mouth shut. You might think that speaking about something without
full knowledge is a trivial matter. But it might have grave consequences
21. When you hear something malicious about someone, keep a favourable
view about him/her until you attain full knowledge about the matter.
Consider others innocent until they are proven guilty with solid and
truthful evidence [24/12-13]
22. Ascertain the truth of any news, lest you smite someone in ignorance
and afterwards repent of what you did
23. Do not follow blindly any information of which you have no direct
knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception) you must
verify it for yourself. In the Court of your Lord, you will be held
accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning
24. Never think that you have reached the final stage of knowledge and
nobody knows more than yourself. Remember! Above everyone endowed
with knowledge is another endowed with more knowledge
[12/76]. Even the Prophet [
p.b.u.h] was asked to keep praying, "O My sustainer! Advance me in
25. The believers are but a single Brotherhood. Live like members of one
family, brothers and sisters unto one another
26. Do not make mockery of others or ridicule others
27. Do not defame others [49/11]
28. Do not insult others by nicknames
29. Avoid suspicion and guesswork. Suspicion and guesswork might deplete
your communal energy [49/12]
30. Spy not upon one another
31. Do not backbite one another
32. When you meet each other, offer good wishes and blessings for
safety. One who conveys to you a message of safety and security and also
when a courteous greeting is offered to you, meet it with a greeting
still more courteous or (at least) of equal courtesy
33. When you enter your own home or the home of somebody else,
compliment the inmates [24/61]
34. Do not enter houses other than your own until you have sought
permission; and then greet the inmates and wish them a life of blessing,
purity and pleasure [24/27]
35. Treat kindly Your parents, Relatives, The orphans " And those who
have been left alone in the society
36. Take care of the needy, the disabled, those whose hard earned income
is insufficient to meet their needs, And those whose businesses have
stalled, And those who have lost their jobs.
37. Treat kindly Your related neighbours, and unrelated neighbours,
Companions by your side in public gatherings, or public transportation.
38. Be generous to the needy wayfarer, the homeless son of the street,
and the one who reaches you in a destitute condition
39. Be nice to people who work under your care.
40. Do not follow up what you have given to others to afflict them with
reminders of your generosity
41. Do not expect a return for your good behaviour, not even thanks
42. Cooperate with one another in good deeds and do not cooperate with
others in evil and bad matters
43. Do no try to impress people on account of self-proclaimed virtues
44. You should enjoin right conduct on others but mend your own ways
first. Actions speak louder than words. You must first practice good
deeds yourself, then preach [2/44]
45. Correct yourself and your families first [before trying to correct
46. Pardon gracefully if anyone among you who commits a bad deed out of
ignorance, and then repents and amends
47. Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to
creative energy, and become a source of tranquillity and comfort to
48. Call people to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful
exhortation. Reason with them most decently
49. Leave to themselves those who do not give any importance to the
Divine code and have adopted and consider it as mere play and amusement
50. Sit not in the company of those who ridicule Divine Law unless they
engage in some other conversation
51. Do not be jealous of those who are blessed
52. In your collective life, make rooms for others
53. When invited to dine, Go at the appointed time. Do not arrive too
early to wait for the preparation of meal or linger after eating to
engage in bootless babble. Such things may cause inconvenience to the
54. Eat and drink [what is lawful] in moderation
55. Do not squander your wealth senselessly
56. Fulfil your promises and commitments
57. Keep yourself clean, pure
[9/108, 4/43, 5/6].
58. Dress-up in agreeable attire and adorn yourself with exquisite
character from inside out [7/26]
59. Seek your provision only by fair endeavour
60. Do not devour the wealth and property of others unjustly, nor bribe
the officials or the judges to deprive others of their possessions
A Life Perspective
If God was to grant you
70 years of your life...
You would spend:
24 years sleeping
14 years working
8 years in
6 years at the
5 years in
4 years in
3 years in
3 years reading
3 years watching
If you prayed 5 Times every day,
you would be giving God 5 months of your life.
Can't we give 5
months out of 70 years?
Let's all give God
a minimum of
5 months of our lives!
TIME IS EVERYTHING -
MAXIMUM UTILIZES IT!!
Imagine there is a bank, which credits your account each morning with
$86,400, carries over no balance from day to day, allow you to keep no
cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the amount you
had failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent,
Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is Time.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes
off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a
new account for you. Each night it burns the records of the day. If you
fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back.
There is no drawing against the "tomorrow."
You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get
from it the utmost in health, happiness and success! The clock is running.
Make the most of today..
To realize the value of One Year
Ask a student who has failed his exam.
To realize the value of One Month
Ask a mother who has given birth to a pre-mature baby.
To realize the value of One Week
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of One Day
Ask a daily wage labourer who has ten kids to feed.
To realize the value of One Hour
Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of One Minute
Ask a person who has missed the train.
To realize the value of One Second
Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of One Mili-second
Ask the person who has won a silver medal in Olympics.
1. Knowledge: Wasted when not taking action with it.
2. Actions: Wasted when we do anything without sincerity, Intensions count.
3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward).
We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no
benefit in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).
4. Hearts: Wasted when empty from the love of Allah, and the longing for Him/Her,
and devoid of peace and contentment.
5. Bodies: Wasted when we don't use them in ibâdah (worship) and service of Allah
6. Love: Wasted when our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but
towards something/someone else.
7. Time: Wasted when not used properly, by not doing what is righteous.
8. Intellect: Wasted on things that are detrimental to society and the individual,
not in contemplation or reflection.
9. Service: Wasted when in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah.
10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not affect our hearts.
A SITE THAT TELLS YOU THAT IF YOU DON’T PRAY
WHAT PUNISHMENT YOU WILL GET
Hadith of prophet (P.B.U.H)
who disdains the prayers will receive 15 punishments from Allah.
punishments in this lifetime
3 in the
3 on the
Day of Judgment.
THE SIX PUNISHMENTS OF LIFE:
Allah takes away blessings from his age makes his life
Allah does not accept his plea (Duaa).
Allah erases the features of good people from his face.
He will be detested by all creatures on earth.
Allah does not award him for his good deeds. (No thawab)
He will not be included in the Duaa of good people.
THE THREE PUNISHMENTS WHILE DYING:
He dies humiliated.
He dies hungry.
He dies thirsty. Even if he drinks the water of all
seas hi will still be thirsty.
THE THREE PUNISHMENTS OF GRAVE:
Allah tightens his grave until his chest ribs come over
Allah pours on him fire with embers.
Allah sets on him a snake called “the brave”, “the
bold” which hits him from morning until afternoon for leaving Fajr
prayer, from the afternoon until Asr leaving Dhuhr prayer and so on.
With each strike he sinks 70 yards under the ground.
THE THREE PUNISHMENTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:
Allah sends who would accompany him to hell pulling him
on the face.
Allah gives him an angry look that makes the flesh of
his face fall down.
Allah judges him strictly and orders him to be thrown
If you get this copy, please make copies of it and distribute them among
all Muslims. You will be earning a Reward as well as helping to show
your brother the Right Path.
Allah give guidance to all of us.” AMEEN !!!!
THOSE WHO DID NOT SAY THEIR PRAYERS OF:
The glow of their face taken away.
The blessing of their income is taken away.
The strength of their body is taken away.
They are not benefited by their children
The peace of their sleep is taken away.
-Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you
take it to Mosque, but so small when you take it to the market.
-Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an
hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.
-Funny how long a couple of hours spent at
Mosque are, but how short they are when watching a movie.
-Funny how we can't think of anything to say
when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about
to a friend.
-Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball
game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a "Tarahvi" during
Ramadhan is longer than the regular time.
-Funny how hard it is to read a Para in the
Quran, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.
-Funny how people want to get a front seat at
any game or
concert, but scramble to get a back row at mosque so that scramble out.
-Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance
notice to fit a Mosque event into our schedule, but can adjust our
schedule for other events at the last moment.
-Funny how hard it is for people learn a
simple Preaching well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the
same people to understand and repeat gossip.
-Funny how we believe what the newspaper
says, but question what the Quran says.
-Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven
provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do
-Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes'
through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending
messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
FUNNY, ISN'T IT?
Are you laughing? Are you thinking?
Spread the word and give thanks to Allah for He is Good & Merciful !
Top of the page Islamic